TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
We may decline use of our service or suggest alternative support if we feel that we cannot support you, either due to the nature of your problem, our client lists being full – lack of a therapist to suit your specific need, or if you are suicidal, self-harming or suffering mental health crisis. Where possible we may suggest alternative support, face to face therapy or that you contact the emergency services. Your wellbeing is of paramount importance and you deserve to receive support that is best suited to your needs.
Free E-books and articles
All material is free for clients and site visitors. E-books and articles are available to provide information only. We are not responsible for any material shared. For tailor-made support use our professional Counselling Service and receive therapy from a qualified Therapist.
Hours of service
Sessions can also be booked for any time in the 24-hour day, as long as that slot has not already been filled. If your requested slot is unavailable a list of alternative dates/times will be provided for you to choose from. All sessions do need for the time and date to be pre-arranged.
We require that all clients ensure full payment is made before booking session times and/or dates. We respect your privacy and do not request any private financial information. Payment is to be made via Bank Transfer, this is the preferred and most secure payment gateway. Sessions can also be paid for via pre-arranged direct deposit and online or telephone banking. You may contact us to arrange this.
Timings of Sessions
We are happy to accept preferred session times/dates, we aim to ensure that sessions are booked at a time most convenient for the client. However, requested sessions slots are provided subject to availability. As the service is very much in demand, when requesting an initial time/date for a session, clients should submit all required information and their general availability. We request that clients book as much in advance as possible and provide multiple availability time frames. The Baat Karo has many clients and operates on a first book first serve basis.
After selecting a service and making a payment:
- Clients who have booked a video call session, will receive their details, zoom link and all information in email prior to session or an alternative list of available session slots that the client may select from.
- Overseas clients – All clients over the world are welcome to use our service. Our email, instant chat and Skype services are all conducted via the internet. If you are overseas and wish to have a voice call please note that we may request that you use Skype VoIP calling or Google Talk/Hangouts as the international calls are free.
We believe in strengthening the Counselling bond, you will be supported by the same Counsellor throughout your time with us. This will also save you from having to repeat your story.
All our sessions last for 45 minutes. We use Zoom and Video Calls for instant chat counseling sessions.
While therapy sessions provide the space for clients to work through difficult feelings and emotions, Counsellors and Admin staff will not accept threatening or abusive behavior towards them. Such behavior may result in the session ending and the client being liable for the full session cost. Future sessions may not be permitted.
The conduct of our staff is just as important. Baat Karo team members are carefully selected, this is to ensure that clients receive services of a high professional standard that are ethical, confidential and safe. Our Therapists have significant post-qualification experience, as well as broad life experience. This better equips them to provide our diverse client group with the personal touch, as well as understanding and a naturally warm approach. We promote anti-discriminatory practice. We believe in providing care and compassion to everyone, regardless of their backgrounds.
It is very important and a matter of mutual respect that you keep your appointments. All clients need to understand from the outset that we are unable to fit another client into your missed appointment slot at short notice. If for any reason you need to cancel/reschedule an appointment you will need to provide us with at least 8 hours’ notice. Any cancellations with less than 8 hours’ notice are chargeable for the full session fee. Being unavailable for any session without informing us will also incur the full fee for the session you have booked. Refunds will be only made if you have informed us for unavailability 8 hours prior to session. No refunds will be made for dissatisfaction, missed appointment for other reasons.
We request that you are available for your session at least 5 – 10 minutes before the agreed time. Please ensure that your status is set to online/available if you are using the instant chat or voip service. If you are using the phone service ensure that your phone is not engaged, disconnected or switched off.
Sessions start right on time. If you will be late in any way contact your Counsellor via email before your session time. If you have not contacted your Counsellor prior to your session and are late, offline, engaged, away or unavailable at the exact agreed session time our automated tool, which is linked to an internal system that manages bookings will automatically cut your Counsellor off from the instant chat, voip or telephone session, after which you will receive an automated email cancellation notifying you that you have incurred the full fee for the session.
- You agree that you are at least 18 years old.
- You agree that you are not experiencing a suicidal crisis and are not at risk of harming yourself or anyone else.
- You understand that online and telephone therapy is not suitable for mental health crisis.
- You agree that The Baat Karo cannot be held responsible for providing services in the event of a crisis or emergency situation. While we will do our best to assist as appropriate if a crisis or emergency develops during our work together, you may need to contact the appropriate emergency services.
- You agree that online and telephone services may not be as effective for all individuals. Thus, The Baat Karo reserves the right to choose whether or not to work with you online or by telephone. We will work with you only if we feel that you are a suitable client. If during our work together, we discover that you may not benefit from our online or telephone services, we will discuss this with you and suggest that you seek alternative mental health professionals in your local area.
- You agree and understand that the effectiveness of Counselling and Coaching depends on the investment of time and energy you are willing to make. Generally speaking, the more you invest in it, the more you will get out of it.
- You understand and agree that the therapeutic relationship depends largely on your input in solving your problems.
- You agree and understand that Counselling can be challenging, as uncomfortable emotions and thoughts can arise as part of the treatment process.
- You understand that as detailed on the website, after making your payment it is your responsibility to contact us within the specified time frame to book your session time/date.
- You understand that we are happy to accept your preferred session times/date at the time of booking but your requested sessions slots are provided subject to availability. You will receive a confirmation email with session time/date details or alternative times or dates will be provided for you to select from.
- You understand that The Baat Karo cannot guarantee a positive Counselling or Coaching outcome, even though we are hopeful that our work together will be of help to you.
- You agree and understand that once purchased, all session fees are non-refundable, including when you have not fully complied with new client registration/booking, or when you have missed, been late for or have expired sessions.
- You agree that you are seeking our services for personal Counselling or personal Coaching and that you are not using any of our services or material to undertake research for either private use, use for study/projects/assignments of any kind private or public, or in an educational or training capacity, or for publication, or to plagiarise any of our material.
- You agree that your participation in our counselling and coaching services may only be shared for your personal therapeutic benefit. You agree that your participation will not be shared for any other reason or in any form, be it recordings, transcripts, copying or reporting of or on the experience, your impressions thereof, surveillance and any other use of the session, verbal or otherwise. You agree to not record or tape sessions.
- You understand that all special offers can be withdrawn or modified at any time.
- You understand that any use of free self-help material, recommended books, CD’s or DVD’s are not a replacement for professional therapy or diagnosis.
- You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to acknowledge the appropriateness of the information contained in the self-help material. While The Baat Karo takes careful consideration when sharing self-help material, we cannot be held accountable for any misguided content contained within free E-books, CD’s or DVD’s.
- You agree that if you are disconnected during a session that you will email your Counsellor as soon as possible and also check your inbox for correspondence from them.
- You agree that if you do not hear from your Counsellor at the agreed session time you will email/text them within 5 minutes of the agreed session time.
- You understand that we do not hold any liability for technological glitches that can take place with instant chat or voip sessions neither reception issues with mobile phones. You understand that we do not hold any liability for emails that we’ve sent and due to the recipient’s technological errors or device issues are unable to be received. You understand that we are not responsible for issues with Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, Live and other email account delays, errors or downtime which cause problems with you sending/receiving emails. However, any glitch or mishap on our part will not be at the client’s loss – clients will receive all of the session time which they have paid for.
- The Baat Karo reserves the right to resist legal requests to produce records in court. We do this in order to protect our duty of confidentiality to all clients and to preserve The Baat Karo’s reputation as a provider of confidential counselling. We are unable to provide records or information for legal proceedings when asked by clients, their solicitors, the police and the courts unless a Subpoena ordered by a court is ordered. The basic information that is held temporarily, is not suitable as evidence in legal proceedings.
- You permanently agree to release and indemnify Baat Karo from all suits, lawsuits, claims and actions originating from Counselling, Psychotherapy and Coaching provided through Baat Karo.
The material on this website is the Copyright of The Baat Karo, All rights reserved.